We are in mid of 2017 and many new technologies and trends are introduced in this year and is still counting. We are a technology lover and crazy talking about information technology. So here we will share our views on how information technology has transformed Agriculture sector. While some people might think that IT is only connected with powerful modern gadgets, Agriculture sector has not remain untouched. Today IT plays a vital role for decision making in Agriculture.
Along with improving the efficiency of farmer’s productivity in agriculture and various activities; the contribution of IT in improving life of farmers by providing timely data for decision making, is remarkable. We all know that agriculture is an important and crucial sector hence its proper functioning is vital for human survival. So lets have a look at some of applications of IT in agriculture :
- Wireless technologies: There are many applications used in agriculture but the main use of this technology is “Closed circuit television camera system”. Farmers can use this technology according to them.
- Global Positioning System: Global positioning system provides benefits in Map Making, Geo fencing, surveying etc.
- Automated systems: Automated systems have reduced the cost of production with perfection with less loss and time.
- Smartphone mobile apps in agriculture: Some of the very big agriculture organisation give apps to the users. This apps provides useful information about farming, free Voice call, live support, Advance seed updating, soil information, how to use, information about latest equipment and many more.
- RFID: The main purpose of RFID technology is provide easier identification to use relevant data for example: bearer’s place, name of breeder, origin of livestock, sex, and dates of movement etc.
- E-learning: E-learning is offered by Government at free of cost any through which one can learn about agriculture and improve quality of outputs. Professional provide tested information about agriculture and farming to the farmers.
- E-commerce: E-commerce offer the online purchasing of agriculture goods and equipment at different ranges. User can choose the items according to needs.
- Agricultural resources and services management.
- Computer-aided manufacturing and design.
You may also like: How Can Information Technology Contribute In FMCG Sector
These applications have given new wings to agriculture opening new door of possibilities. The main purpose of IT in agriculture is to expand agriculture, learn new techniques of agriculture, less input to generate more output, latest updates, smart work, maintain quality, increase productivity, zero loss etc..
It is absolutely clear, Information technology and Agricultural are working together and make new possibilities and advancement in farming. In future we can see next level of evolution in agriculture. May be Artificial intelligence and other new technologies get involved in agriculture, just think about it.